Friday, February 20, 2009

Scripts and the spirit

Now I'm thinking of the framework the House of Justice is promoting as a script for a performance by the Baha'i community, and I see some of the same issues coming up with that, that I've seen RVCBard dealing with. It gives me some ideas about the people of Baha and the framework for action.

In order for the framework to serve Baha'u'llah's purposes, it needs to be used in the right spirit. That might be the spirit of a heart subdued by God. We might help by cherishing, nourishing and exercising that spirit in ourselves and others.

With Bard, if people try to explain why the characters are doing what they do, or speculate about what she's trying to say, it will only get in the way. With the framework, it can get in its own way in a variety of ways. I've discussed some of those ways in my Wayfarer's blog. Here I want to focus on possibilities for a heart subdued by God. I don't need to know if my heart is being subdued by God. It's enough to imagine that it might be, and to hope so.

No comments: