Thursday, February 19, 2009

People of Baha, and the House of Justice: about the discussion

I was going to write a series of posts about the people of Baha and the framework for action of the House of Justice. Now I'm thinking of it as a series about the people of Baha and the interests of the House of Justice, with the framework as an example.

Some thoughts, at random:

- I have an idea that there are some responsibilities and possibilities associated with having a heart turned to God, and that it might help to discuss them.

- I want to help promote more devotion to the interests of the House of Justice.

- More specifically, I'd like to discuss promoting the interests of the House of Justice, with people whose hearts are turned to God.

- I don't want this discussion to be for Baha'is only.

- I will be discussing Baha'u'llah's words addressed to the people of Baha, and promoting the interests of the House of Justice. That might make it uninteresting for anyone but Baha'is to follow the discussion. It might be possible for other people to see it as a discussion about responsibilities and possibilities of having a heart turned to God, using examples from my own experience. I would want them to feel welcome to respond with examples from their own experience.

- I'm not imagining that the discussion I want to have will happen much in this blog. I'm imagining that I will be reading and commenting in the blogs of some people of other religions and ideologies, and that what I write here will help me organize my thoughts for those discussions.

- Possibly some followers of Baha'u'llah will eventually find this blog, and post some of their ideas and experiences here. I might write with them in mind, to help me organize my thoughts.

No comments: