Saturday, March 07, 2009

Doing things in the right spirit

Reading some discussions about anti-racism has confirmed my interest in promoting doing things in the right spirit, and in continual awareness of that among people who are doing that. At the same time it has helped me see hearts possessed by God as only part of the picture of people turning to God, and of the people of Baha. It might please God for me to pursue this interest as long as I keep in mind that it's only part of the picture.

I want to continue:
1. Developing friendships with people of all religions and ideologies.
2. Improving my practice of doing things in the right spirit, with the love of God.
3. Memorizing verses about doing things in the right spirit, and the possibilities and responsibilities of hearts possessed by God.
4. Improving my practice of continual attention to doing things in the right spirit, and responding favorably in words and actions to other people doing things in the right spirit.

I also want to learn more about how people who think in non-theistic terms talk about doing things in the right spirit.

I'm imagining that it would include doing things in a spirit of all-inclusive friendliness and fellowship, that doesn't draw any fixed lines between people, racial or otherwise.

No comments: